Twenty-two pastors will travel together Jan 27 to Feb 10 to the land of our faith's beginnings. We will visit, learn, pray, and reflect on what we experience there and our vocations at home. This blog shares our journey with our friends and family at home. We covet your prayers. Funded by the CF Foundation of Atlanta, the pilgrimage is led by the Rev. Dr. Trisha Tull and the Rev. Jane Larsen-Wigger. Please leave comments by clicking on "comments" at the end of any entry.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jimmy - 4th post

Jerusalem, Jerusalem, oh....the beautiful and glorious city! ***  IT IS MUCH...., TOO MUCH FOR ME TO DESCRIBE IN WORDS HOW I FEEL, WHAT I'VE SEEN, WHAT I'VE SMELLED AND WHAT I'VE HEARD. IT IS AMAZING.  *** I would ask that you forgive my above description, it's just that there are a flood of emotions in my heart after being in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and witnessing the multiple worship services going on simultaneously.  I touched the place of The Cross. I touched the palace of the Empty Tomb.  I've done what many millions of people have longed and long to do...thank you, Lord. Thank you, The Cousins Foundation. Thank you Trish, Jane and Claudia.  *** There is something transformative about this place.  Through my experiences so far, there something in me that desires to be better than what I am,  do more than what I've done and dream higher than what I've dreamt.   I hope God will do a mighty and holy work through me as a consequence of my experience here.  Can I be available to Him?  Will I be available to Him? *** Palestinian people (Muslims and Christians) are suffering horribly under the mighty oppressive hand of political Israel.  It is a travesty that goes unreported and ignored by U. S. media and policy.  Lord, have mercy.  Jimmy

1 comment:

  1. Just figure out how to blog. I have enjoyed your messages, Glad that you are sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete